Nigerian Pipelines and Storage Company Limited (NPSC)
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation’s (NNPC) pipelines network is an integral national asset designed several years back to distribute crude and white products nationwide. By its original design, pipelines were designed to efficiently and seamlessly move refined products - Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), Dual Purpose Kerosene (DPK) and Automated Gas Oil (AGO) from the nations refineries to all products depots. Pipelines network is considered a safe and cheap means of products distribution.
These networks of pipelines are connected to twenty one (21) white product depots and tank farm across the nation. Movement of crude and white products was done through these pipelines over the years until the act of vandalism rendered the pipelines inefficient.
As a result of the high cost of maintenance and pipeline repair due to incessant vandalism on the product lines, the Top management of NNPC with the support of the Federal Government decided to unbundle the old Pipelines and Products Marketing Company (PPMC) Ltd.
The unbundling of the defunct PPMC gave birth to the following three new companies;
- Nigerian Pipelines and Storage Company Ltd (NPSC)
- Petroleum Products Marketing Company (PPMC)
- NNPC Shipping
To be the preferred pipelines and storage company by delivering efficient transportation of crude oil and petroleum products.
To provide unrivalled customer service through efficient and profitable transportation and storage of crude oil and petroleum products.
- Build and maintain pipeline and storage infrastructure across Nigeria
- Manage the transmission and storage of petroleum product
- Implement strategies to maximize pipelines and storage assets revenue
Invariably, the mandate of NPSC is to profitably operate NNPC’s downstream pipelines, depots and jetty infrastructure through the efficient transportation and storage of crude oil and petroleum products.
The maintenance and integrity of the petroleum pipelines is the sole responsibility of NPSC. The pipelines are strategically located across the country and have about 5,120 kilometers length. Products are moved through these pipelines by pump, using mainline and boaster pimps, while some pump stations complement the work of the pipelines. The operation started in 1979 by the defunct Pipelines and Products Marketing Sector (PPMS), which was renamed Pipelines and Products Marketing Company (PPMC).
NPSC Focus Area
- Efficiently transport crude oil to refineries and transport petroleum products from refineries and other sources to our storage facilities.
- Ensure 80% assets integrity for efficient crude oil transportation, storage and product distribution.
- Execute best HSE practices.
- Execute capital projects using PSAP and CASP frameworks.
- Ensure availability of Crude oil/Product pipelines and pumping facilities.
- Effective pipelines security/surveillance and continually upgrade technology.
- Ensure strict compliance to all HSE Policies and conduct periods HSE drills and promote safety consciousness among staff.
- Implement PSAP, CSAP and integrate with SAP
For enquiries, please call 09-460 83601
6TH Floor, Block C, NNPC Towers,
Central Business District, Garki, Abuja.
Port Harcourt, Warri, Gombe, Kaduna and Mosimi Area offices.