The Nigerian Gas Company Limited (NGC) was established in 1988 as one of the 11 subsidiaries of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). It is charged with the responsibility of developing an efficient gas industry to fully serve Nigeria's energy and industrial feedstock needs through an integrated gas pipeline network and also to export natural gas and its derivatives to the West African Sub-region.
NGC is committed to adding value to natural gas and making it an energy resource of first choice for the benefit of all stakeholders. The company was initially established to efficiently gather, treat, transmit and market Nigeria’s natural gas and its by-products to major industrial and utility gas distribution companies in Nigeria and neighbouring countries. In other deliver efficient services to the numerous customers the business philosophy has been reviewed to focus on Transmission, Distribution and Marketing of Natural Gas.
To be the preferred Gas Company to its present and future customers.
NGC is committed to adding value to Gas and making it energy resource of first choice for the benefit of all Nigerians and other Stakeholders.
Strategic Business Direction:
Implement full commercialization of NGC by:
- Investing in viable Gas Supply projects for business sustainability.
- Maintain and expand the business, whilst ensuring safe and efficient utilization of our installed capacity.
1. Gas Transmission
Rapidly grow our core gas transmission business by:
- Investing in new transmission pipelines to open up new frontiers for gas utilization
- Increased participation in transportation service to the WAGP Regional Pipeline & Trans Saharan Gas Pipeline (TSGP) systems
2. Gas Marketing
Seek new gas marketing opportunities by:
- Sign-up new GTAs, GSAs and GPAs to supply potential gas utilization customers
- Explore opportunities in neighbouring W/African Countries
- Align with other investors to develop and expand CNG & LPG business in Nigeria and the WA Sub-Region.
- Invest in new Distribution Pipelines
EXISTING PIPELINE SYSTEMS
NGC currently operates the following supply systems:
1. The Aladja Gas Pipeline System which supplies the Delta Steel Company, Aladja.
2. The Oben-Ajaokuta-Geregu Gas Pipeline System, which will form the back-bone of the proposed Northern Pipeline System, supplies Gas to Ajaokuta Steel Company, Dangote’s Obajana Cement Company and PHCN Geregu Power Plant.
3. The Sapele Gas Supply Systems which supplies gas to PHCN Power Station at Ogorode, Sapele.
4. The Imo River-Aba System for gas supply to the International Glass Industry Limited PZ, Aba Textile Mills and Aba Equitable Industry.
5. The Obigbo North -Afam system caters for PHCN Power Station at Afam,
6. The Alakiri to Onne Gas pipeline system supplies gas to the National Fertiliser Company (NAFCON) now Notore Chemicals for fertilizer production;
7. The Alakiri -Obigbo North -lkot Abasi system for gas supply to the former Aluminum Smelting Company of Nigeria (ALSCON) Plant now Rusal Industries in Ikot Abasi.
8. The Escravos-Lagos Pipeline (ELP), which supplies gas to NEPA's Egbin Power Plant near Lagos. Subsequent spur lines from the ELP supply the West African Portland Cement (WAPCO) Plants at Shagamu and Ewekoro, PZ Industries at Ikorodu, City Gate in lkeja Lagos, PHCN Delta IV at Ughelli, and Warri Refining and Petrochemical Company at Warri.
9. Ibafo – Ikeja Gas Supply Pipeline System supplies gas to Ikeja City Gate from where Gaslink distributes to the Lagos Industrial Area (LIA).
10. Ikeja – Ilupeju – Apapa Gas Pipeline System currently operated by Gaslink for Gas Supplies to Greater Lagos Industrial Area.
11. Ajaokuta – Geregu Gas Pipeline System which supplies gas to the Geregu PHCN Power Plant.
12. Ajaokuta – Obajana Gas Pipeline System which supplies gas to Dangote’s Obajana Cement Plant (OCP).
All these facilities comprise of over 1,250 kilometres of pipelines ranging from 4" to 36" in diameter with an over all design capacity of more than 2.5 billion standard cubic feet of gas per day (bscf/d), 16 compressor stations and 18 metering stations. The facilities represent a current asset base of more than N21 Billion.
HEADQUARTERS OFFICE ADDRESS
Odin Road, Ekpan, P.M.B. 1288,
Warri, Delta State,
Office Tel: +234 53 254259-62, 252328. +234 53 252012, +234 53 252170,
Office GSM: +234 (0) 805 544 9144
Contact Person: Manager, Public Affairs Dept: +234 53 254262
- Western Operations Department (WOD), Off Isoko Road, P.M.B. 57, Ughelli, Delta State.
- Eastern Operations Department (EOD), 4-9, Moscow Road, P.M.B. 5324, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
- Lagos Operations Department (LOD), Egbin, near Ikorodu, Lagos State.
- Northern Operations Department (NOD), 76, Yaounde Street, Wuse Zone 6, Abuja. Tel: 09-5230770, 5230385
- Lagos Business Office, 13B, Oju Olobun Close, Off Adeola Odeku Street, Victoria Island,
Lagos. Tel: 01-4631418-9, 01-4617559.
- Port Harcourt Business Office, C/O EOD, 4-9, Moscow Road,
P.M.B. 5324, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.