With proven oil and gas reserves of 32.5 billion barrels and 187 trillion cubic feet respectively, numerous investment opportunities abound in upstream operations of the Petroleum industry as categorised below: [Upstream Opportunities - On-shore business]
- Surveying - tropical and planimetric; and sea bottom survey
- Civil Works- mud pit construction, concrete works at rig sites
- Seismic data acquisition and interpretation
- Drilling operations
- Crude oil transportation and storage
- Exploration and production of oil and gas products
- Manufacturing of consumable materials in exploration such as explosives, detonators, steel casting, magnetic tapes etc.
- Search for development of local substitutes for items such asmedium press ure valves, pumps, shallow drilling equipment, drilling mud, bits fittings, drilling cement etc.